NANHUA

Local History

Nanhua, formerly known as "Nanzhuang," was located in a valley among lofty mountains at the source of Cailiao River, or the west slope of inner Mount Wushan to be precise. During the years when Emperor Yongzheng and Emperor Qianlong were in reign (1723-1795 A.D.), Han Chinese came to open up virgin soil and gradually formed villages, which were then designated by the Qing government as "Neixinhuananli," one of its territories.

Read more